Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pneumonia

Well, we only had a week with daddy. I was going to make the most of it, but our plans fell through. On Sunday night, I realized that I had a cold, and Asher had a really bad chest cold. We tried everything in the baby books. On Tuesday, he was running an 104.4 fever. I took him to the doctor today. Dr. Gesn ordered a chest xray to be safe, but she thought it was a bad cold. However, the xray revealed pneumonia in Asher's upper left lung! He received a shot and is taking oral medication for the next 10 days. Asher and I had plans this weekend to attend the Randall Christmas, but we are not leaving the house until absolutely necessary. Through this whole ordeal, Asher has been smiling. He is sometimes whinny and wants to be held at times, but he remains a very happy baby. Tonight, we say goodbye to daddy. He will come back on Christmas day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We will be praying for you and Asher to feel better soon, soon, soon!!! I hate that you guys aren't coming, but I know your first priority is keeping him healthy. Let us know how he is doing! Love you!

Leah said...

Aww...my poor baby Asher! Get better so we can come play!